June 23, 2020 NPR Short Wave Trivia Night Contest (the “Contest”)
1. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by National Public Radio, Inc. (“NPR”), a District of Columbia nonprofit corporation with principal offices at 1111 North Capitol Street NE, Washington, DC 20002.
2. Overview. On June 23, 2020, between approximately 8:00 p.m. EDT and 10:00 p.m. EDT, NPR’s Short Wave will host a virtual trivia night where individuals (or teams of up to five (5) individuals) can connect via Zoom to compete through three rounds of trivia inspired by Short Wave (the “Trivia Night”). To enter, go to http://www.20200623shortwave.nprpresents.org prior to the start of the Trivia Night and provide your name, e-mail address, city, and team name (creativity is encouraged!).
3. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, or the U.S. Virgin Islands who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees, representatives, agents, directors, and officers of the Sponsor and its affiliated companies (including, without limitation, any NPR Member station) are not eligible to win a Prize.
4. Grant of Rights. Short Wave may decide to incorporate parts of the Trivia Night (or call out the winning team) on a future episode of the podcast or on its social media platforms! As such, and in consideration for your ability to compete in this Contest, by participating in the Trivia Night you grant to the Sponsor a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete, make derivative works from, or display any recording of the Trivia Night (which may include your appearance and/or voice), or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised and for any purpose.
5. Prizes. Each member of the winning team will receive a three (3) month subscription to the NPR coffee club, valued at approximately One Hundred Dollars ($100.00). Following the Trivia Night, the Sponsor will reach out to the winning team to inquire about mailing addresses for delivery of the Prizes.
6. General Terms. Decisions related to the Contest made by NPR are final in all matters, including any decisions around what constitutes a correct answer to any question during the Trivia Night, interpretation of these Official Rules, and awarding the Prizes. In no event will more than five (5) Prizes be awarded (one for each member of the winning team). All expenses not specified herein, including, without limitation, any applicable federal, state, and local taxes, are the Prize recipient’s sole responsibility.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Zoom. Any questions or comments regarding this Contest should be directed to the Sponsor and not to Zoom.